Friday, February 17, 2012

Puppet Theater & Puppetry: A "Playful" Craft

http://www.parents-choice.org/article.cfm?art_id=72&the_page=editorials

On my way to the doctors office and I had a wonderful idea for a rather large craft! To create a puppet theater using a left over tri-fold board, fabric and my trusty hot glue gun!
I was inspired by this image I found on The Parents Choice website under Puppetry: The Playful Art.
As a pre-school teacher and childhood education major I understand the important role imaginary play has in the development of young children's minds and motor skills. I will begin my craft adventure today and post step by step photos for you the viewer to follow as I craft :)
Stay tuned...

ACT 1
Craft Prep


"THE PLAYERS"
(List of supplies for Puppet Theater Craft)

1 White Tri-fold Board........$3.00
2 wooden dowels with wood oval tops already attached (AC Moore)......49 cents each
Different Printed/Colored Paper (Pinks & Browns).............99 cents each
Black Sharpie......had on hand
Acrylic Pink Paints & Brushes.....had on hand
Pink Ribbon....had on hand
Scissors, Fabric, & Glue!

Act 2
Step 1: Draw Out Theater Display Outline Using Black Sharpie

Blank Tri-fold Board (About 3" High)
Finished Theater Display Outline

Step 2:  Paint Theater Display Outline

Painted Theater Display


Step 3: Use scissors to cut out theater window, then hot glue fabric to back of window on top side. ( see diagram below)









Completed Puppet Theater!!!
End of ACT 2




Intermission






ACT 3
The Puppets...



No comments:

Post a Comment